I usually post once a month but the universe has other ideas, at this rate I will have been posting twice a week 🙂 In other news it feels like the last three years have just been crammed into one week. The paperback for the re-release of my first book arrived and oh my goodness. It looks so amazing! It would look at home on my bookshelf it’s so exciting to actually see it. I’m going to leave you with a cliff hanger and save a photo for the next update! Well, maybe a peak won’t hurt.
Rules (Bloggers have class):
- Include that titbit about who created this awesome award (With link)
- Mention the person who nominated you
- Share three things that motivate you to blog
- Share three people who inspire you to blog
- Share one thing you hope to do that will improve the world
- Answer your challenge question
Nominate 10+ bloggers and give them a fun ‘challenge question’(I don’t share, but I am happy to be nominated.)
Three Things that Motivate Me to Blog:
- Each post shows me how far I have come. It’s a little snapshot in time. When I am struggling and need a reminder that every bit helps move forward it’s uplifting to go back and trace my steps.
- Sometimes I meet people with similar interests or who just may be dropping by. It’s a fantastic way make a connection.
- On one hand being a writer can be incredibly lonely. It’s a long difficult path to follow with much to learn along the way. On the other hand it is incredibly social and relies on a fantastic team of people for support. Blogging allows me to hide away and at the same time reach others over a far distance.
Three People that Motivate Me to Blog:
- This probably sounds silly, but there is a small group of people who look forward to the occasional update. When I know there is an audience it makes blogging more fun.
- This may surprise you, but I am the only one of my many relatives who writes novels. It creates this slight sense of amazement and bewilderment, to avoid any awkwardness it’s easier to blog. That way they can be part of the journey without having to ask.
- Last of all, I motivate me. After all who else is going to write it, blogs don’t write themselves!
One thing I hope to do to improve the world:
Writing is one long journey taken one step at a time, just as kindness is a virtue taken one small act at a time. I like to start by being polite, it makes the day a little brighter.
Challenge Question: If you could change into any animal at will what would it be, and what would be the first thing you would do?
What a question for a fantasy author? I would change into a dragon, and the first thing I would do is fly. Then start collecting a hoard of valuable items to keep in a lair buried deep in the hillside, in between dive bombing into the river so as to splash passers-by.